- Install a Linux distribution of your choice.
(*) I am using Ubuntu 12.04 hosted on Digital Ocean’s $5/month VPS
- Configure the server as a VPN gateway.
(*) PPTP is easy to setup as documented by both Ubuntu & Digital Ocean.
- Install Moxie’s Sslsniff is easy to build from source or install from a repo. (i.e apt-get install sslsniff)
- Per the instructions for sslsniff, enable an iptables rule to redirect SSL traffic
(*) iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp –destination-port 443 -j REDIRECT –to-ports 4443
- Run sslsniff as described in the README – running in authoritative mode is a good starting point
(*) sslsniff -a -s 4443 -w /tmp/sslsniff.log -c /usr/share/sslsniff/certs/wildcard
- Connect the Android device to the VPN using the credentials configured in step 2
(*) Typically Settings->Wireless & Networks->More->VPN and touch the ‘+’ at the top right.
- Monitor the sslsniff output specified with the ‘-w’ flag
(*) tail –f /tmp/sslsniff.log
If you like my blog, Please Donate Me
Or Click The Banner For Support Me.